I spell his name that way because there is no “U” in anything he does. “You” are unimportant. The “U” is silent. The only people who might have some relevance are those who can be of use in his insatiable quest for power and money. Just as there is no “I” in Team, there is no “U” in Trxmp.
I got a 91-sleep score last night, which means I was in bed by 10 p.m. and missed the planned 3 hr. presidential speech. I understand Mother Nature and advancing age cut his speech by 142 minutes, thus proving the point that old windbags do run out of air when they continually blow it out both orifices.
I asked my friend, Artie Intel, aka A.I., to summarize what I missed during my slumber. Per its’ synopsis, Trxmp claimed that we are now entering the dawn of a “golden age of America”. I guess that is true if your name is Trxmp. I would have to agree that this is a golden time for his family and financial friends. Socialism is alive and well, but only if you are rich. Which of us wouldn't trade our "socialist benefits" for those congress bestowed upon its members? For the rest of us the glitter of the golden age is more like the sparkle of fools gold.
Like a melting glacier, America has spent the last 46 years moving toward Authoritarian Capitalism. Beginning with Reagan’s Laissez-Faire free market capitalism which advocated unregulated markets, we have evolved into a more authoritarian, non-democratic government. We are now at a place where corporate power and wealth generation are fiercely prioritized over civil liberties and democratic dissent and compromise.
The AI summary of the 38-minute speech went on to say that he paid historical tributes mixed with policy messaging. He promoted the SAVE act to disenfranchise voters who may not have easy access to birth certificates, marriage licenses, divorce papers, passports, or naturalization papers. Echos of "Papiere, bitte!" sound once again.
The SAVE act also makes voting harder for the elderly, infirm, or others for whom physically traveling to a polling place and standing in long lines to vote may be difficult or impossible. The 24th amendment may have eliminated the poll tax, but voter disenfranchisement may accomplish the same goal.
The speech raised the specter of a new boogeyman to replace the dreaded immigrant criminals, enter the “Communist Menace”. It worked for Sen. McCarthy, why not Pres. Trxmp. Communism is a label that requires no evidence, provides guilt by association, and allows for indiscriminate blacklisting. Trxmp has been president for over five of the past nine plus years yet still blames Obama and Biden for almost everything. When he couldn’t blame either of them, he would point to immigrants. Now that immigrants are locked up, he has dusted off the old McCarthy playbook, and we have Commies and the 1950s Red Scare.
He then joked about a third term and went on to discuss the Second Amendment and Equal Justice. While he loves the Second Amendment, the other 26 seem to be of little value. Free speech and free press only get his backing when they support his agenda. All dissenting opinions are a threat to “national security”. Warrantless searches, due process, speedy trials, and state’s rights guaranteed by other amendments are of little value. Gun ownership is where the votes are to be found.
As for Equal Justice, he claimed, “I wasn’t treated that well, but I won’t get into that.” For him, equal justice is reminiscent of Animal Farm where all pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others. If you have lots of money and are willing to send cash or non-traceable bitcoins to the Trxmp coffers, you can buy a Get Out Of Jail Free card. If you commit a crime in support of Trxmp, you can get “justice” in the form of a pardon.
Yes, we are headed for a “golden age in America.” Buildings, statues, and monuments will be covered in gold adornment and tributes to his name. If he can’t build a new tribute, he will gladly steal an existing one. Airports, libraries, coins, arches, ballrooms, highways, and buildings will bear his name. Hail Caesar, I mean Trxmp.
I slept well on July 4, 2026, knowing that I wasn’t missing much after 10 p.m. I spent the day watching Air Force One and Independence Day. I then watched the Boston Pops and some Boston fireworks before switching to the NYC celebration. I had hot dogs, baked beans, and watermelon. I drank a Sam Adams. I wore my blue USA shirt with the embroidered flag and red, white and blue collar. The next morning, I watched a YouTube recording of the Boston drone show I had missed. Amazing.
Postscript: Historical note, there was a RUMP in the ancestral family surname as his paternal grandfather was Friedrich Drumpf. Friedrich would set the tone for future generations as he fled Germany in1885 to avoid mandatory military conscription. In 1905, Bavarian authorities stripped him of his Bavarian citizenship and declared him an illegal draft dodger.
No comments:
Post a Comment